Welcome to Penny Pinching Mom

Throughout this blog, you will find meal plans, date night ideas, daily routines, preschool activities, natural cleaning products, crafting and so much more. Essentially, I want to share how I make "everyday tasks" into something to look forward to - except for mopping floors, you're on your own for that one!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Merry Christmas Stinky Face

As a part of our Coutdown to Christmas, we read Merry Christmas Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt and Cyd Moore.  I didn't even need to read through this one before we got it because I had already read I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt and I loved it.  To be honest, I feel like you can't go wrong with a book that has been published by Scholastic.



A child with a wild imagination comes up with plenty of questions about Christmastime. "What if a big wintry wind blew our Christmas tree away?   What if Santa's boot falls off while he's driving the sleigh?" Mama comes up with plenty of creative solutions!



Both Ginger and Red enjoyed this book.  The interesting and bright illustrations really caught Red's eye! He would point to something on every page, look up at me and say "da?" (What's that?). Ginger would giggle at all of the mama's solutions.  She also was able to "re-read" the story to me  right away.  Her favourite phrase was "But Mama, but Mama...".  I think this story was extra special because we use silly nicknames like stinky face all the time!


I would recommend this story for all ages.  You can always shorten the sentences on each page if your little one's attention span is still developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment